THE THANKSGIVING PLAY INFORMATION
By Larissa FastHorse
Directed by Prof. Dobby
Stage Manager: Emely Gonzalez
Assistant Directors: Elena Donley, Lizzie Sage
Music Directors: Ashley Gray, Sage Shemak
Assistant Stage Managers: Bella Salefski, TBD, TBD
Political/Social Satire (poking fun at society intending to create social change)
Good intentions collide with absurd assumptions in Larissa FastHorse’s wickedly funny satire, as a troupe of terminally “woke” teaching artists scrambles to create a pageant that somehow manages to celebrate both Turkey Day and Native American Heritage Month.
Characters and Descriptions (text taken from the script itself:)
From the playwright: "On casting: all ages are open and people of color that can pass as white should be considered for all characters."
2 female-presenting roles for Scenes 2, 4, 6, 8
LOGAN: Caucasian-looking, the high school drama teacher that's always pushing the envelope in potentially inappropriate ways. Earnest about theatre and proving herself.
ALICIA (Al-ee-see-uh): Caucasian-looking, brunette, but has the looks that would have been cast as ethnic in 1950s movies. Without guile. Sexy and hot, but not bright.
2 male-presenting roles for Scenes 2, 4, 6, 8
JAXTON: Caucasian-looking, yoga practitioner/actor. Politically correct to a fault, a big one. He's that confident guy everyone loves, but his logical PC thinking takes weird turns.
CADEN: Caucasian-looking, the academic. Awkward elementary school history teacher with dramatic aspirations but no experience.
6-12 roles for Scenes 1, 3, 5, 7
"Which are sadly inspired by the Internet, mostly current teachers' Pinterest Boards. Play with the theatricality of these scenes... perhaps there are puppets, adult actors playing children, perhaps video, perhaps anything. Have fun."
Please see awesome song tracks to the right, provided by Music Directors Ashley Gray and Sage Shemak! In case you don't know the melodies or original words to the songs, etc.
Interested in Assistant Stage Manager or Tech Positions?
Email Prof. Dobby at email@example.com
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREP
• Read a summary of the play online
• Complete your Actor Info Form and Actor Comfort Survey prior to Auditions and bring both forms with you (can be found above)
• Bring a color headshot, or recent photo, with your name on it
• Prepare all 3 Audition Sides located above (copies will be provided at Auditions. Be sure you're familiar with the melodies of the songs requested in the script - we now have accompaniment and vocal tracks from our music directors to help you prep!)
• Rehearsals will take place Mon-Thurs from 6:00-9:00pm
• Rehearsals will start the first week of the Spring Semester
• Tech Week starts Sunday, February 19 at 6:00pm and no conflicts during tech week (Su-Thurs 6:00-10:00pm) are allowed and class excuse requests will be provided
• Performance Dates:
Thursday, 2/23 at 7pm
Friday, 2/24 at 7pm
Saturday, 2/25 at 2pm & 7pm
CALLBACKS DATE AND TIME
• Tuesday, 11/29 from 5:30-9:00pm (TBD - if necessary!)
• Folks will be notified ASAP on Monday night or Tuesday morning if they have a callback
• TBD on materials to prep!